Mastering Writing for Adults
Getting To the Heart of Our Story
How do we find the stories in our lives? How do we discover meaning in those stories? And what are some good strategies to write about them? This is the subject of a unique all-day writing workshop sure to inspire and instruct. Open to committed writers of all genres and experience levels.
This workshop will be led by Susan G. Weidener, memoirist and editor, who started the Women’s Writing Circle and Cynthia J. McGroarty, an English instructor at DeVry University and a fiction writer and editor.
What to expect:
- Instruction and writing exercises that build on finding the meaning in our stories.
- Thoughts on how to take a memory and turn it into a story.
- Tips and techniques for bringing readers into the story.
- Ways to trim the fat and get to the meat of the story.
- Critique of a work-in progress.
- Read-around in a circle of supportive writers.
Where: Fairfield Inn, Route 100, Exton PA
When: 8:30 – 5 p.m. Saturday, March 24
Cost: $99. Fee includes free coffee and tea all day and complimentary buffet lunch. This workshop is limited to 10 participants.